Y A T R I: A PURPOSEFUL TRAVELLER
Yatri- Yoga for Emotional Healing™ begins with understanding how our thought patterns and emotions affect our mental and physical well-being. Through Yatri, we move through kleshas, a Sanskrit word meaning "destructive emotions." Antidotes for anger, anxiety, attachment, depression, loneliness and fear are taught through practices based in classical Indian and Tibetan Yoga, Psychotherapies and Shamanic journeying.
Yatri is a holistic program based on 12 foundational principles which are practiced in tandem in order to experience a peace that is lasting rather than fleeting and a happiness that is stable and sustainable. The foundations are Wisdom, Motivation, Tribe, Personal Responsibility, Thoughts, Communication, Movement, Meditation, Nutrition, Creative Expression, Accountability and Service.
In Sanskrit, YATRI means "one who is on a sacred journey. " The program relies on its cornerstone: "healing is not a journey to be walked alone." Each module incorporates the "Mitra Project," which offers participants a way to support one another on their journey. In Sanskrit, Mitra is best described as a friend who protects you from harm and guides you to happiness. With the support of your tribe and this groundbreaking, holistic approach, YATRI offers each individual a platform to HEAL YOURSELF NOW™.
YATRI incorporates prayer, ritual, dance, ceremony, song and the cultivation of a tribe for a lifetime of support, collaboration and joint evolution.
FOUNDATION: “the basis or groundwork of anything”
12 F O U N D A T I O N S
1) WISDOM: discernment or insight
2) PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY: the idea that human beings choose, instigate, or otherwise cause their own actions. We must take responsibility for our lives
3) MOTIVATION: make sure you’re doing things for the right reason. your motivation determines your experience.
4) TRIBE: your people. those you surround yourself with, who hold you accountable and who you draw support from.
5) ACCOUNTABILITY: the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
6) THOUGHTS: what you think about, you bring about. your reality exits in your thoughts, and only there.
7) COMMUNICATION: be transparent. be present and listen without judgement. learn. heal. then teach.
8) MOVEMENT: asana, dance, martial arts.
9) MEDITATION: reflection; contemplation, stillness. cultivate the ability to pause & reflect before reacting. develop ability to be present.
10) CREATIVE EXPRESSION: seek and receive guidance in writing, painting, singing, communication and other outlets of expression. repressing emotions is a root cause of imbalance, according to Ayurveda.
11) NUTRITION: your body is your temple. you are what you eat
12) SERVICE: giving without expectation. "i acted and behold, service was joy" - rabindranath tagore
"WHERE THE EMOTIONS GO, THE WINDS FOLLOW"
S U B T L E B O D Y W O R K
KLESHA: destructive emotion (mind poison)
POISON: “a substance with an inherent property that tends to destroy life or impair health”
* anger * attachment * anxiety * sadness * lonliness * jealousy * fear * ego * ignorance *
VAYU: inner winds of the subtle body (The movement of of the inner winds determines the physical health of the body)
YATRIS use tools to experience the full spectrum of emotions in constructive rather than destructive ways.
M I T R A P R O J E C T: H E A L I N G IS N O T A J O U R N E Y T O B E W A L K E D A L O N E
MITRA: friend or companion who protects you from harm and guides you to happiness. YATRIS support one another on a journey of healing and lasting peace.
MANTRA: comes from the Sanskrit root MAN (mind) and TRA (protection). mantra is something that protects you from your own mind.
S H A N T I M A N T R A
Om Saha Navavatu ACCEPT US TOGETHER
Saha Nau Bhunuktu PROTECT US TOGETHER
Saha Viryam Karvavahai MAY OUR KNOWLEDGE AND STRENGTH INCREASE
Tejasvi Navadhitamasthu Ma Vidvishavahai MAY WE NOT MISUNDERSTAND ONE ANOTHER
Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti OM, PEACE, PEACE, PEACE