Y A T R I: A PURPOSEFUL TRAVELLER
300-Hour YATRI Yoga Alliance Registered Teacher Training
Yatri: Yoga for Emotional Healing™ offers specific sequences of movement, meditation, breath-work and wisdom to move through “kleshas,” the Sanskrit word for “mind poisons.” Major kleshas include anxiety, depression, anger, attachment, loneliness and jealousy. The sequences are based on teachings from classical Indian and Tibetan Yoga.
Through Yatri, we do not suppress any emotion. We learn to experience the full spectrum of emotions in constructive rather than destructive ways.
Yatri is a holistic, integrative program based on 12 foundational principles which are practiced in tandem in order to experience a peace that is lasting and a happiness that is stable and sustainable. The foundations are Wisdom, Motivation, Tribe, Personal Responsibility, Thoughts, Communication, Movement, Meditation, Nutrition, Creative Expression, Accountability and Service.
"WHERE THE EMOTIONS GO, THE WINDS FOLLOW"
S U B T L E B O D Y W O R K
KLESHA: mind poison; destructive emotion
POISON: “a substance with an inherent property that tends to destroy life or impair health”
* anger * attachment * anxiety * sadness * lonliness * jealousy * fear * ego * ignorance *
VAYU: inner winds of the subtle body (The movement of of the inner winds determines the physical health of the body)
FOUNDATION: “the basis or groundwork of anything”
12 F O U N D A T I O N S
1) WISDOM: discernment or insight.
2) MOTIVATION: make sure you’re doing things for the right reason. your motivation determines your experience.
3) TRIBE: your people. those you surround yourself with, who hold you accountable and who you draw support from.
4) PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY: the idea that human beings choose, instigate, or otherwise cause their own actions. we must take responsibility for our lives.
5) THOUGHTS: what you think about, you bring about. your reality exits in your thoughts, and only there.
6) COMMUNICATION: be transparent. be present and listen without judgement. learn. heal. then teach.
7) MOVEMENT: asana, dance, martial arts.
8) MEDITATION: tame your mind.
9) NUTRITION: your body is your temple. you are what you eat.
10) ART: seek and receive guidance in writing, painting, singing, communication and other outlets of expression. repressing emotions is a root cause of imbalance, according to ayurveda.
11) SERVICE: giving without expectation. "i acted and behold, service was joy." - rabindranath tagore
12) ACCOUNTABILITY: the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable. have a group of wisdom seekers that you are accountable to.
M I T R A P R O J E C T: H E A L I N G IS N O T A J O U R N E Y T O B E
W A L K E D A L O N E
MITRA: friend or companion who protects you from harm and guides you to happiness. YATRIS support one another on a journey of healing and lasting peace.
In Sanskrit, YATRI means "one who is on a sacred journey. " The program relies on its cornerstone: "healing is not a journey to be walked alone." Each program incorporates the "Mitra Project," which offers participants a way to support one another on their journey. In Sanskrit, Mitra is best described as a friend who protects you from harm and guides you to happiness. With the support of your tribe and this groundbreaking, holistic approach, YATRI offers each individual a platform to HEAL YOURSELF NOW™.
MANTRA: comes from the Sanskrit root MAN (mind) and TRA (protection). mantra is something that protects you from your own mind.
S H A N T I M A N T R A
Om Saha Navavatu ACCEPT US TOGETHER
Saha Nau Bhunuktu PROTECT US TOGETHER
Saha Viryam Karvavahai MAY OUR KNOWLEDGE AND STRENGTH INCREASE
Tejasvi Navadhitamasthu Ma Vidvishavahai MAY WE NOT MISUNDERSTAND ONE ANOTHER
Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti OM, PEACE, PEACE, PEACE